GovKnow inaugural Mental Health Conference - London 2012
27/08/2012 - Submitted by: Boussios Tilia
GovKnow are delighted to present our inaugural Mental Health Conference, a forum to discuss the current strategies in place to tackle mental health illnesses. This conference will feature contributions from some of the key policy makers and drivers within the mental health arena including those who work with offenders, elderly people, job seekers and also those who commission mental health services across the public sector.
It is now widely recognised that a ‘parity of esteem’ needs to be established between physical and mental wellbeing, and this conference will act as a driver to promote the issues affecting both patients and practitioners within the mental health arena.
We look forward to some key contributions from experts and stakeholders from across the public, private and third sectors on this cross cutting issue.
Topics to be discussed include:
- No Health without Mental Health Strategy – 2011
- Supporting people of all ages with mental health illnesses
- Employment for those with mental health issues
- Supporting providers of mental health services
- The future of Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT)
- Improving the mental health of those who come into contact with the penal system
- Supporting the families of those with mental health issues
- Promoting excellent in mental health and wellbeing in the workplace
- Providing mental health support for returning armed forces personnel
- Strengthening commissioning for mental health services
This conference will provide attendees with the option to put questions directly to the speakers in our main plenary session, attend expert breakout sessions during the course of the day and share ideas with peers and service providers during our networking breaks. With all this in mind, this conference is a must attend for all those working within and alongside those with mental health issues.